Wednesday 16 September 2015

IQC#20, DT Post--White-on-white Quilling

Greetings Everyone!

This is Jasleen here back with my DT project for this month's challenge, white-on-white, but before that, I would like to extend my warm wishes on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. May Lord Ganesha help overcome all the obstacles and bring peace and prosperity to your lives.

Inspired by the festive fervour around, I attempted to quill  Lord Ganesha in it's simplest form using 5mm width of white quilling strips against a white backdrop.


White colour symbolises purity, innocence, completeness, faith and spirituality; a colour which , I believe, quite perfectly symbolises the magnificience of the deity.

There are so many ways you can interpret this month's white-on-white quilling challenge-- like an elegant greeting card with white quilled flowers, white coloured jhumkas with white pearls on them, or if you are finding it difficult to find time amidst the busy festivities at home, you can try making a couple of tiny white quilled flowers and add them to a white-painted hairclip ! Easy peasy, right? Well, you see, no dearth of good ideas. Participation is important. :)

Looking forward to your entries here.  If you have any suggestions, queries or anything to say about my work, please comment below. I love to receive your feedback always! :)

4 comments: