Sunday 12 July 2015

IQCG # 18---- Ombre / Monochromatic

Hello Everyone!

This is Jasleen here back with my DT project for the month of July. This month's theme at the Indian Quilling Challenge is Ombre / monochromatic, which is so much in trend these days. Ombre or monochromatic means use of varying tints or shades of a same colour . So you need to create a project, anything, with quilling as the main focal point and that quilling shoud be monochromatic or ombre.

I pushed my envelope and tried something new this time(new for me, because I had never tried this before ):--

Have a look:-


I'm awestruck by all the artists who create beautiful paper quilled jewellery and had this on my 'To-do' list since quite a long time. So glad that I could finally try my hands at making them myself.

I made two pairs of quilled jhumkis. The pink one is mde up of 3 mm width of quilling strips in the varying shades of pink.

The green ones, as you can see, are made up of two 'domes' of varying sizes in two different shades of green. I've used 5 mm quilling strips for these. 

So what do you think about my attempt at making these? They may not be perfect, but hey, who's giving up !! ;) I surely enjoyed making them and I'm definitely going to make more of these.

If you haven't tried making quilled jewellery, I would surely recommend you do it now. You'd be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. :)  And do link your entries to this month's IQCG # 18--Ombre/ monochromatic. Would love to see what you come up with. :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful jhumkis Jasleen! They sure don't look like they are made in the first try! The look so perfect!

    Cheers!

    - Priyanka Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so beautiful ....loved it !

    ReplyDelete