Sunday 11 January 2015

IQCG -- Indian Quilling Challenge No. 12- Anything Goes With Thank you

Hello friends!

 Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and a creative new year.

This is Jasleen from Happily Ever Crafter and I'm glad to be on the Design Team for IQCG 2015. Thanks Shylaa Shree for this opportunity.

January is the month to start afresh, to bring in more energy into all aspects of your lives and to get on with a new vigour and determination. What better way, than to start it with gratitude! So, this month's theme is to create something, anything, with 'Thank you' being the main sentiment.

So, for everyone who has been a source of great support and inspiration to me, I'm sharing a 'Thank you' card dedicating to all such people in my life.

Here's my card:





Closer view


I have made a quilled peacock using 3 mm quilling strips in various shades of blue and green. Some yellows and whites have been added for highlights.

I'm a big fan of Yulia Brodskaya's work and my quilling is inspired from her works. I love her flawless style of shaping paper to form an abstract art.




So, how do you like my card with quilling? Are you getting any new ideas? Do not hesitate to start now if you still haven't. Quilling is a beautiful and addictive hobby and you will fall in love with it. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Do check out the awesome inspiration provided by the DT until now. I'm sure you will love them. :)

Please share your work here>>> IQGC Challenge No. 12 Facebook album.

Happy January ! :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow its gorgeous jasleen. .love the combination and all the curls and swirls. .you have given a very modern avatar to the traditional peacock. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute stunner, Jasleen! You have really done real justice to Yulia's freestyle quilling. What an amazing design and fabulous execution. Love everything about your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully quilled n shaped dear...loved the neatness over the design ...so so pretty...thanks for the inspiring us too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fallen in love with the flow of this creation...Superb, Jas :) U r tempting me to quill again ;)
    Design, color choice, placement of tight coils are so apt, Jas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your quilling Jasleen..I love Yulia's work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. Its beautiful Jasleen....Even I am also a big fan of Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a stunner!! And Shylaashree your blog header image is gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful and stunning replication of Yulia's artwork. Loved you use of pearls (and that too balanced use) to accentuate the beautiful swirls! I really liked how you complimented Yulia's artwork by choosing the colors from the complementary part of visible spectrum! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw Jasleen ! Its fantastic ..I loved the flow your quilling has..its so neat and lovely colors !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work Jasleen... Your choice of colours for the peacock makes it very unique and beautiful....

    ReplyDelete